Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pentecost: Come Holy Spirit Come


 
Last Sunday we celebrated Pentecost.   Father Joe shared a pray which is one of my favorites:


Come Holy Spirit Come

Fill the hearts of your faithful

And enkindle in them the fire of your love

Send forth your spirit and they shall be created

And you will renew the face of the earth


This is a prayer that I pray quite often before proclaiming the Gospel, preaching homilies, and many
times when I am entering situations where I just need some guidance on the right words to say in a challenging situation.  Sometimes it’s only the first verse.   But I am really amazed at what happens many times.  It’s only possible through the Holy Spirit working in me.

Fr. Joe mentioned some challenging situations we all have in our lives that may need reconciling.   Don’t go alone in these situations.  Call on the assistance of the Holy Spirit for help. 

Come Holy Spirit come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post comments, but in doing so please use Christian charity. I am open to comments with opposing view points, but I reserve right as to whether to approve the posting or not.